Hello, Dunedin! I’m here in your inbox today to tell you everything you need to know about what’s happening around town. Today’s briefing includes updates on…
- The Dunedin Art Cave Holiday Market is held weekly until Christmas
- An Upcoming Holiday Drive-In Movie Night in Highlander Park
- When can you register your children for a personal call from Santa’s Workshop?
But first, today’s weather:
Rainy periods. High: 76 Low: 67.
Much love to our major local sponsors. We couldn’t keep the community informed without you!
- Want to support local artists in Dunedin? Studio 1212 Art Gallery was voted Best Small Art Gallery Cooperative for 2022 by Tampa Bay Magazine. Run by award-winning local artists, this non-profit gallery features original art and prints, and has a popular shop of handmade gift items. Stop by 234 Monroe St., 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Wednesday through Sunday or visit studio1212.org to shop and see show times. Support local artists by becoming a patron of Studio 1212 here.
- We all know Dunedin is a great place to visit. And we love it when our friends and family come to town. We just don’t always want them to stay in our homes. But how do we get that across without sounding, you know, a little rude…? Here’s an idea: strongly suggest they stay at the Mai Tai Suites. Owners John and Karen Bickford offer fully furnished 850 square foot 2-bed, 1-bath suites for less than hotel prices. Mai Tai Suites is located next to the Dunedin Causeway and is surrounded by St. Joseph’s Strait. It is convenient for Clearwater Beach and downtown Dunedin. It’s also dog-friendly (no pet fee) and offers a free pass to nearby Honeymoon Island State Park. Invite all your friends and family to visit Dunedin and tell them to book their rooms at Mai Tai Suites today.
Click here to feature your business in this spot.
Here are today’s top 4 stories in Dunedin:
- Dunedin Parks & Recreation is hosting a Drive-In Movie Night on December 16 at 5 p.m. in Highlander Park. “Christmas with the Kranks” will air after sunset on a large outdoor movie screen. Guests will also be able to enjoy music and raffles before the film begins. Jtickets are $12 per car and must be purchased in advance from the Dunedin Community Center. Parking is first come, first served! (Governor of Dunedin)
- An evening with DJ Paul will take place at the Dunedin Brewery on November 25 at 7 p.m. The event features tracks shot by DJ Paul, who is one half of Three 6 Mafia! Attendees can expect him to rap Three 6 Mafia’s greatest hits, while spinning platinum and gold hits he’s produced for others. This performance will take place at the Moon Tower, the Dunedin Brewery’s newest addition. Tickets are free and available now online. A limited number of $50 VIP tickets are also available for those who wish to meet DJ Paul in person before the show! (Eventbrite)
- Dunedin Goes Carting holds its annual Christmas Parade on December 17 at 5 p.m. Those interested in participating can register online for $20.. Entry fees will benefit Dunedin veterans through VFW’s community outreach programs. The route starts at VFW Post 2550 Dunedin on Douglas Avenue and ends at Mease Manor. A competition will be held for the best decorated golf carts! Three winners will be announced on December 20. (VFW Post 2550 Dunedin via Facebook)
- Would your child like to chat with Santa Claus? Sign them up between November 28 and December 13 for a personal phone call live from Santa’s Workshop. Children will receive the phone call on December 14 between 5:30 and 8:30 p.m.. Registration forms for this free service are available online, at the Dunedin Community Center and at the Dunedin Public Library. (Governor of Dunedin)
From our sponsor:
Work. Parenthood. School. Social lives. It can be a lot. If you feel bad, it’s okay to ask for help. Join over 3 million people who have asked for help with BetterHelp.
BetterHelp makes it easier to start therapy. No more months of waiting to find a therapist. You can be matched with one of BetterHelp’s 25,000 therapists in less than 48 hours. Also, if you don’t click with your first match, you can easily switch therapists. Try therapy, in the comfort of your own home. Join today and get 25% off.
Daily picture of the day in Dunedin:
Thank you, Maryanne Neary, for sharing this beautiful photo taken at Dunedin Pier!
Want to see your Dunedin photo here? Submit it to Dunedin@Patch.com for review! Please confirm in the email that you own the rights to the photo and that Patch has permission to repost it.
Today in Dunedin:
- Pancake Tuesdays at the Hale Senior Activity Center (8:30 a.m.)
- Dunedin Toastmasters Meeting at Unity Community Church (7 p.m.)
- hip hop dating with Jon Ditty at Reboot (10 p.m.)
From my notebook:
- Meet Jake, the adorable 5-year-old kitty who is waiting for his forever family at SPCA Tampa Bay shelter since August. According to the shelter, Jake is laid back and loves lounging on the couch. He desperately needs a human sidekick to give him lots of love and claws! The image of this cat is full of expression and will definitely make your day. Be sure to stop by the shelter to meet Jake and all of his feline friends in need of a home. (SPCA Tampa Bay via Facebook)
- If you’re more into dogs, you need to meet Kane, who was featured on Sunday’s Senior Spotlight at the SPCA Tampa Bay. Kane has been in the shelter since September and can’t wait to get back to his furry home! According to the shelter post, Kane loves to play, especially in the pool. He is also easy to walk and would probably do well in a house with another dog. Meet Kane and all of his furry friends who are waiting to meet their families at the SPCA Tampa Bay shelter! (SPCA Tampa Bay via Facebook)
- The Dunedin Brewery hosts the Dunedin Art Cave Holiday Market every Saturday until Christmas, starting November 26, between 11 a.m. and 5 p.m. Do your holiday shopping while supporting local artists and businesses! (Dunedin Brewery via Facebook)
- Blur Nightclub hosts Ho Ho Glow Yoga on December 8 at 7 p.m. The special holiday edition of their regular glow yoga is $15 per person. Arrive early for some dazzling body paint! (Blur Nightclub via Facebook)
- Take the kids to meet Santa at Eddie’s Bar & Grill on December 3 between 1-3 p.m. Kids can have their picture taken with the man in red and decorate cookies to take home. (Eddie’s Bar & Grill via Facebook)
- Did you know that Florida is home to two of the five wild turkey subspecies in the United States? According to the City of Dunedin, the Osceola turkey is a Florida wild species and the smallest of the five. (City of Dunedin via Facebook)
- Reminder to all parents 😛Schools in Inellas County will be closed Nov. 21-25 for the Thanksgiving holiday. Additionally, Pinellas County school district offices will be closed Nov. 23-25. (Pinellas County Schools via Facebook)
- The Celts of the New World invite you to join them for Kilt Night with Clover’s Revenge at Flanagan’s Irish Pub on December 3 at 8 p.m. (New World Celts – Dunedin Chapter via Facebook)
- Don’t forget to reach the city of Dunedin for Pancake Tuesdays between 8:30 a.m. and 9:30 a.m. at the Hale Senior Activity Center. Stop for pancakes, maple syrup, sausages, bacon, fruit, coffee and juice. (City of Dunedin via Facebook)
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
That’s all for today. I’ll join you early tomorrow morning with your next update!