At Lifehacker, we independently curate and write things we love and think you’ll love too. We have affiliate and advertising partnerships, which means we may earn a share of sales or other compensation from links on this page. BTW – prices are correct and items in stock at time of publication.
Since Disney+ entered the playing field, we were spoiled for choice with Marvel contentt. The streaming service’s arrival also offers plenty of chances to go through a full MCU overhaul, with almost all movies and series conveniently in one place. If you are considering undertaking one of these reviews yourself, you may be wondering how long it will take.
We’re here to take the guesswork out of you. Let’s see how long it takes to watch all Marvel movies and series.
What is the runtime of each movie and series?
Let’s start by breaking down the time required for each Marvel movie and show in the MCU. I placed the titles in the order of release rather than chronologically and gathered their execution times according to IMDb.
- Iron Man – 126 minutes
- The Incredible Hulk – 112 minutes
- iron man 2 – 124 minutes
- Thor– 115 minutes
- Captain America: The First Avenger – 124 minutes
- The Avengers – 143 minutes
- Iron Man 3 – 130 minutes
- Thor: The Dark World – 112 minutes
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier – 136 minutes
- Guardians of the Galaxy – 121 minutes
- Avengers: Age of Ultron – 141 minutes
- The ant Man – 117 minutes
- Captain America: Civil War – 147 minutes
- Strange Doctor – 115 minutes
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 – 136 minutes
- Spider-Man: Homecoming – 133 minutes
- Thor: Ragnarok – 130 minutes
- Black Panther – 134 minutes
- Avengers: Infinity War – 149 minutes
- Ant-Man and the Wasp – 118 minutes
- Captain Marvel- 123 minutes
- Avengers: Endgame – 181 minutes
- Spider-Man: Far From Home – 129 minutes
- Wanda Vision – (9 episodes) 357 minutes
- The Falcon and the Winter Soldier – (6 episodes) 324 minutes
- Loki- (6 episodes) 297 minutes
- Black Widow – 134 minutes
- What if…? – (9 episodes) 315 minutes
- Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings – 132 minutes
- Eternals – 157 minutes
- Hawk Eye – (6 episodes) – 294 mins
- Spider-Man: No Coming Home – 148 minutes
- Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness – 126 minutes
- Moon Knight – (6 episodes) – 287 mins
- Thor: Love and Thunder – 119 minutes
- Mrs. Wonder – (6 episodes) – 271 minutes
- I am Groot (5 episodes) – 25 minutes
- She-Hulk: Lawyer (9 episodes) – 300 minutes
- night werewolf – 54 minutes
- Black Panther: Wakanda Forever – 161 minutes
Here are some interesting stats on the whole thing, if you’re interested:
- Longest Marvel movie: Avengers: Endgame
- Shortest Marvel movie: Tied between Thor: The Dark World and The Incredible Hulk
- Longest Marvel Series: Wanda Vision (9 episodes)
- Shortest Marvel Series: Mrs. Wonder (6 episodes)
How long does it take to binge watch the entire MCU?
The Marvel Cinematic Universe currently has 37 different titles, with many more on the way. Be prepared, this is not a binge-watch to be taken lightly.
By my calculations, the total of all the above execution times adds up to: 6472 minutes.
It’s about 108 hours of Marvel movies and TV series to watch. Watching them back to back without a break would take 4 and a half days.
That’s a lot of Marvel.
Dozens of other projects will soon be added to this list, including the Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special in 2022 and many more in 2023. So be sure to be up to date before these come out!
What about other Marvel projects?
As Disney buys back the rights to many projects under the Marvel Studios umbrella, many titles suddenly find themselves in the same realm as the MCU, though many aren’t yet considered “canon.”
If you want to watch everything Marvel, we’ve broken down more executions below.
One Shot Marvel
Marvel Studios has released a bunch of unique shorts over the years that are considered canon in the MCU. If you want to check them out, it’s a pretty easy watch:
- The Consultant (2011) – 3 minutes
- A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Thor’s Hammer (2011) – 3 minutes
- Item 47 (2012) – 11 minutes
- Agent Carter (2013) – 15 minutes
- Hail to the King (2014) – 13 minutes
- Team Thor – Part 1 (2016) – 3 minutes
- Team Thor – Part 2 (2016) – 4 minutes
- Team Darryl (2017) – 6 minutes
In total, the one-shots will take you 58 minutesso a nice easy watch!
The Defenders Saga
- daredevil – (39 episodes) 2099 minutes
- Jessica Jones – (39 episodes) 2029 minutes
- Luke Cage – (26 episodes) 1467 minutes
- iron fist – (23 episodes) 1252 minutes
- The defenders – (8 episodes) 400 minutes
- The Punisher – (26 episodes) 1384 minutes
Total time watching The defenders saga comes out 8631 minuteswhich is approximately 144 hours. It’s more than the whole MCU!
If you need the correct watch order for these (ex) Marvel Netflix series, you can find it here.
Agents of SHIELD
I can’t believe I’ve wasted so much of my life figuring this out, but there you go, runtimes for all Agents of SHIELD:
- Agents of SHIELD season 1 – (22 episodes) 978 minutes
- Agents of SHIELD season 2 – (22 episodes) 983 minutes
- Agents of SHIELD season 3 – (22 episodes) 981 minutes
- Agents of SHIELD season 4 – (22 episodes) 977 minutes
- Agents of SHIELD season 5 – (22 episodes) 975 minutes
- Agents of SHIELD season 6 – (13 episodes) 576 minutes
- Agents of SHIELD season 7 – (13 episodes) 573 minutes
In total, this amounts to 6043 minutes which is approximately 101 hours.
It must not be forgotten Agent Carterstarring Hayley Atwell as her character Peggy Carter from the Captain America movies. There have only been two seasons of it released at:
- Agent Carter season 1 – (8 episodes) 349 minutes
- Agent Carter season 2 – (10 episodes) 445 minutes
Total watch time for this one is more manageable 794 minutes or just above 13 hours.
We’ll keep adding to this list as new Marvel projects are released, so keep checking back for updated runtimes.
Until then, enjoy your Marvel movie and TV show! Once you’re done, you can weigh how long star wars marathon will take you.
This article has been updated from its original publication date.